Policy for Teenage Parties
Bookings for teenage parties are only accepted from a parent or guardian.
In order to avoid problems that sometimes occur with teenage parties, we strongly recommend the following safeguards:
- As organiser, make sure that you have read and fully understand all of the conditions of hire, and have done what is necessary to observe them.
- If your child has made some of the arrangements, make sure you know in advance what these are and have approved them
- Arrange for a sufficient number of responsible adults to attend the party, to
- exercise general supervision
- be fully prepared, should there be an emergency
- make sure that guests behave in an acceptable way, and don't put others at risk
- keep an eye on the emergency exits (it is not uncommon for "gatecrashers" to tap on the windows and doors to persuade friends among the other guests to let them in)
- keep an eye on the toilets (where surreptitious gatherings have been known to take place)
- Admit guests by invitation only, keeping the main doors manned at all times so that
- they are not blocked as an emergency exit
- the guests remain inside the Hall for the party, and don't cause nuisance or excessive noise by continually "coming and going"
- undesirable "gatecrashers" don't get in to spoil the party
- Don’t allow alcoholic drinks of any kind to be bought into the hall (It's a sad fact that underage drinkers do try to smuggle them in)
- Don’t allow foiled "gatecrashers" to have their own party in the car park (It does happen)
At the end of the event, help guests to leave quickly and quietly